Search Our Websites

Loading

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Byzantine Liturgical Vestments for Priests & Bishops

Biblical Symbolism & Prayers For Putting On Each  Priestly Vestment of the Byzantine Rite:

STICHARION: (White ALB for priests in Latin Rite) "My soul shall rejoice in the Lord, for He has clothed me with the garment of salvation; He has covered me with the robe of joy; He has set a crown on my head like a bridegroom, and like a bride He has adorned me with ornaments" (Isiah 61:10)

EPITRACHELION: ( STOLE for priests in Latin Rite) "Blessed is God who pours His Grace upon His priests; It is like the ointment which ran down the beard of Aaron, the ointment which ran down to the fringe of his clothing" (Psalm133:2)

ZONE: ( CINCTURE for priests in Latin Rite): "Blessed is God Who girds me girds me with strength and makes my way blameless; Who strengthens my feet as the deer and sets me upon high places." (Psalm 17:32)

EPIMANIKIA: (Removable wrist cuffs-has no equivelent in the Latin Rite):
"Your right hand , O Lord, has been glorified in strength; Your right hand has broken enemies and in the abundance of your glory You have crushed your adversaries." (Exodus 15:6)

"Your hands have made me and molded me; Instruct me that I may learn your statutes." (Psalm 119:73)

EPIGONATION: (BURSE W/corporal cloth in Latin Rite): "Gird your soward upon your thigh, O Mighty One; In splendor and beauty go fourth and prosper and reign in the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness, and Your right hand shall guide You wondrously." Psalm 45:3

PHELONION: (CHASUBLE in Latin Rite) "Your priests, O Lord, shall cloth themselves with righteousness, and Your saints shall rejoice."
__________________________________________________________
Please review complete information at www.MonasteryGarments.com
Call: (415) 412-6685 from 7am - Midnight, Pacific Time
Email:
monk.monastery@yahoo.com

Color Catalog: Please send $5 check or money order (US currency only) payable to:
Paul Bernardino
P.O. Box 475-333 | San Francisco, California 94147-5333 U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment